Ladies and Gentlemen

I have had a number of discussions on the subject of whether an “MCERTS analysis” certificate of non-hazardous ( for WAC under WM3) would be enough to protect the haulier, site operator and consultant from future action by the EA/HMRC if the analysis was found to be incorrect (e.g. contained coal tar that the lab missed.) I have been told by some that, provided the operator has acted in good faith, then they are protected. However, I am told by others that  they fear this not to be the case, especially with the degree of uncertainty that results from variations between results from different labs. I am told that it is up to the operators to prove that a material is non-hazardous. What is the general view?

Regards

Peter Fleming

07958 205920

Skype: petermfleming

To unsubscribe from the CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES&A=1