Hello All,

I am trying to work out what the attached map symbol means on a map from the 1850s.   The area covered by the chevrons is approximately 150m  NW to SE and 175 NE to SW.

I have reviewed NLS, OS, military and many other images of map legends and can not find anything to match.

The area was on a hillside sloping down to a meandering river to the NW.  There is no access road so perhaps it is not a building but a set of drainage features?

If anyone can enlighten me that would be great!

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Ann

Ann Barker

Lead Officer Contaminated Land

Environmental Health

Tel: 01274 434366

Email [log in to unmask]

City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council

Department of Health and Wellbeing, 5th Floor, Britannia House, Broadway, Bradford, BD1 1HX

“Working Together to Deliver Better Health and Better Lives”

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain Protected or Restricted information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed.  It may contain sensitive or protectively marked material and should be handled accordingly.  If this e-mail has been misdirected, please notify the author immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on any of the information contained in it or attached, and all copies must be deleted immediately.  Whilst we take reasonable steps to try to identify any software viruses, any attachments to this e-mail may nevertheless contain viruses which our anti-virus software has failed to identify.  You should therefore carry out your own anti-virus checks before opening any documents.  Bradford Council will not accept any liability for damage caused by computer viruses emanating from any attachment or other document supplied with this e-mail. E-mails may be subject to recording and / or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

For Freedom of Information requests, please visit our website http://www.bradford.gov.uk/foi before you submit a request as you may find the information and data that you want in the data that we already publish in our Publication Scheme.  The Scheme has a significant amount of information which is available to you, without the need for a specific request, and describes how we work and how to obtain information published by our various departments.

To unsubscribe from the CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES&A=1