From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nicola Harries
Sent: 08 August 2018 16:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Industry-First CL:AIRE's Asbestos Awareness Training for Land Professionals - well received by leading brownfield industry firms

CL:AIRE's Asbestos Awareness Training for Land Professionals as an e-Learning course has been extremely well received by industry in its first 6 months since launching in January 2018. CL:AIRE has been pleased to receive the following independent feedback from a geoenvironmental consultant and an environmental engineer/trainer at a major remediation contractor who have both taken the course:

 " Very good, well thought through set of modules that gives a good basic understanding of the issues and processes involved in dealing with asbestos.  It was particularly interesting how much asbestos products were used in buildings, particularly domestic housing during the 1960s.  Tests at the end of the modules were set at the right level to ensure that you had taken the content in and understood the main points. I would thoroughly recommend that anyone in a land contamination or geotechnical discipline undertakes this course. "

 "The CL:AIRE Asbestos Awareness Training (Category A training) is by far the most detailed and comprehensive Category A training I have ever engaged in – either on line or in person.  I found that the Asbestos Awareness was longer than the more established courses delivered by UKATA accredited bodies and others.  This will be the case as we have to cover more based on CAR-SOIL than stated in CAR2012 – specifically modules on the how soils become contaminated with asbestos and types of asbestos that may be encountered on contaminated sites.  Generally, the content was excellent and I found it to be both interesting and engaging.”

 Further information and to book on the course, please visit:

https://www.claire.co.uk/commerce/asbestos-awareness-for-landprofessionals-elearning/112356-asbestos-awareness-for-landprofessionals-elearning

---

Nicola Harries CGeol, CSci - Project Director
Mobile: 07813 701898

CL:AIRE
32 Bloomsbury Street
London
WC1B 3QJ

Website: www.claire.co.uk<http://www.claire.co.uk>

Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7299 4250
Not yet a CL:AIRE Member? Click here <http://www.claire.co.uk/membership> to find out more.

CL:AIRE is a Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee/Registered in England No. 3740059/Entrust Enrolment No. 119820/Registered Charity No. 1075611

Leading Sustainable Land Reuse

the system manager.

https://www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/info/20147/about_our_website/470/disclaimer