From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Arthur, Anona
Sent: Wednesday, 01 August 2018 12:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: School soft landscaping in root protection zone

Hi All

Has anyone come across remediation methods within a root protection zone?

We have a Secondary School where 2 samples out of 11 detected elevated concentrations of lead that exceeded the threshold criteria for a POS(resi) land use scenario. However, given that the soft landscaped areas are within a root protection zone, the Consultants are considering an alternative method to break the pathway between the contaminated soils and the future users as below.

The assumed proposed use of this open space will be an informal recreational area and have institutional controls from the school (Accessed by staff and students, presumed 6th formers, and not fenced off or used as a formal play area).

Do you feel that this measure would be sufficient to break the assumed pollutant linkage?

I would be grateful if you have any experience or comments on the above.

Many thanks

Anona

--
Anona Arthur
Environmental Health Officer / Contaminated Land Officer

Telephone: 020 7974 2990
Fax: 020 7974 6940
Web:
camden.gov.uk

8th Floor
5 Pancras Square
London N1C 4AG

[log in to unmask]"> [log in to unmask]"> [log in to unmask]"> [log in to unmask]">

--

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright protected. This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. See our new Privacy Notice here which tells you how we store and process the data we hold about you and residents.

To unsubscribe from the CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES&A=1