OK, thanks again to both of you! Dieter

Dieter Blaas,
Max F. Perutz Laboratories
Medical University of Vienna,
Inst. Med. Biochem., Vienna Biocenter (VBC),
Dr. Bohr Gasse 9/3,
A-1030 Vienna, Austria,
Tel: 0043 1 4277 61630,
Fax: 0043 1 4277 9616,
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Am 07.08.2018 um 10:18 schrieb Bjoern Forsberg:

This makes sense. As per my and Juhas suggestions, local alignments and/or very high healpix setting is necessary for large and high-symmetry objects to mimic the high-sampling behavior of auto-refinement, and reach comparable resolutions. Still, the division of data over many object might prove detrimental to the final resolution, more than any gain you might get from classifying, so resolution is in no way guaranteed to improve or even be the same.

/B