Irene,

This can happen occasionally if your _extract.star files have different numbers of columns (the error hints at this). I have encountered this error in the past when extracting particles that I manually picked mixed with particles that gautomatch had picked (i.e. the _pick.star files had different number of metadata labels/columns). The solution was simply to ensure the star files shared the same format. While it's odd that the input _data.star file would produce this behaviour during re-extraction, you might benefit from having a look through some of the _extract.star files and verifying that they're indeed the same. If not, then you may have a better idea of how to solve your problem.

Best,
Charles.

Charles Bayly-Jones
BSc(ScSchProg)(Hons)