Hello ARLIS colleagues

We have been discussing for some time what to do about undergraduate dissertations as they are increasingly submitted for assessment in electronic form only.

We still have paper copies in the library, but most of these are getting old now with few new paper submissions happening. Our conversations have not yet managed to reach a conclusion, so I thought I’d ask you, the ARLIS community, for your experience with this issue.

So my questions are:

·         Do any of you keep electronic copies?

·         If so, how or on what platform?

·         Or do you print them out specifically to keep in the library?

·         Do you just keep Firsts?

·         Have you given up keeping undergrad dissertations completely?

·         Or what else….?

Happy to collate answers for the list.

Thanks very much

Richenda

Richenda Gwilt

Learning Resources Manager

University of the Arts London

Camberwell | Chelsea | Wimbledon

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and/or its attachments you must not take any action based upon them and you must not copy or show them to anyone. Please send the email back to us and immediately and permanently delete it and its attachments. Where this email is unrelated to the business of University of the Arts London or of any of its group companies the opinions expressed in it are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of University of the Arts London (or the relevant group company). Where the sender's signature indicates that the email is sent on behalf of UAL Short Courses Limited the following also applies: UAL Short Courses Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02361261. Registered Office: University of the Arts London, 272 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EY Visit the official page of ARLIS UK & Ireland http://www.arlis.net/Home. Subscribe to https://arlismatters.wordpress.com/, to receive regular posts on art library and archive matters; news, print and digital art and design resources, artists’ books, recent and upcoming events and exhibitions, ARLIS/UK & Ireland publications, job listings and professional profiles.