Dear all,

Due to the sheer number of high quality submissions, we have decided to make the RAI Student Conference 2018 a 2-day event. We are also pleased to announce our keynote speaker will be the head of University of Bristol’s Archaeology & Anthropology Department, Professor Graeme Were.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/rai-pop-up-student-conference-tickets-47976727684

Where are we going? Reflections on the future of human beings and the anthropological disciplines

The annual Royal Anthropological Institute (RAI) Student Conference returns for 2018 at the University of Bristol.

We will have presentations of work by students from institutions all over the UK, offering future-focussed anthropological perspectives on a wide range of subjects including politics, identity, health, business, science, technology, education, music, popular culture, non-human animals and more.

Keynote by Professor Graeme Were, University of Bristol:
Things to Come: Museums, Virtuality, and Digital Return in northern New Ireland, Papua New Guinea

To attend, please register via the link above before 18:00 24th August. Buffet lunch with vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free options will be provided; if you have any other dietary requirements, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Kind regards,

Simon

Simon Bishop
PhD candidate
School of Archaeology and Anthropology
University of Bristol
Tyndall Avenue
Bristol
BS8 1TH
UK

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/Anthropology-Matters   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers *

To unsubscribe please click here:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ANTHROPOLOGY-MATTERS&A=1