Dear list,

I have a large bone that I have been asked to identify. It was excavated from a historical site near Melbourne, Australia. I think that it might be camel but don’t have the necessary comparison material. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to the photos in Dropbox. It has been photographed next to human tibia for comparison. Any help would be greatly appreciated:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ngqm9ha6fj36uso/AACRs6qh70P5HqztvD6X73M2a?dl=0

Thanks

Jillian

Dr Jillian Garvey

ARC DECRA Fellow
Department of Archaeology and History

School of Humanities and Social Sciences | La Trobe University | Bundoora 3086
T: 03 9479 5082| F: 03 9479 1881 | M: 0438 009 661 | E: [log in to unmask]
 | www.latrobe.edu.au

I work part time. My office hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I will respond to your email when I can.

Facebook:

Neds Corner Archaeology Project: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434743706655431/

Archaeology at La Trobe University: https://www.facebook.com/Archaeology-at-La-Trobe-University-1171712596197051/?fref=ts

Twitter:

@jillian_garvey

@oz_zooarch

Centre for the Study of the Inland:

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/archaeology-and-history/research/centre-for-the-study-of-the-inland

We are proud to acknowledge the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation as the traditional custodians of the land on which La Trobe (Melbourne) is located. We acknowledge the traditional Aboriginal owners of country and pay our respect to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and future.

CRICOS Provider 00115M

Please kindly consider your environment before printing this e-mail

Warning to recipients:
This email and any attachments are confidential and subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure or copying is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error please advise us immediately by reply email and delete all copies. It is your responsibility to examine this email and any attachments for viruses. Any personal information in this email must be handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic).

To unsubscribe from the ZOOARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ZOOARCH&A=1