Dear all,

I hope you are all having a nice summer.

Recently I published

The Comics Page: Scholarly Books Briefly Noted (2017–2018) at The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship. 8, p.11. DOI: http://doi.org/10.16995/cg.136

As the introductory paragraph explains,

"During the 2017–2018 editorial year, The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship received review copies from various scholarly publishers. The journal appreciates receiving these copies, which offer an insight into how fertile the field is. Whenever possible, review copies are assigned to expert reviewers who then submit their reviews to be considered for publication. The Review section in this journal is evidence of the ongoing work we encourage in this area."

I'd like to invite you to submit full-length reviews of any of the volumes included in this round-up, or of other relevant books within related fields.

If you are interested please contact us separately (i.e. not replying to the list) with a brief expression of interest, detailing how your expertise and interests match the topics and approaches of the book to review, via https://www.comicsgrid.com/contact/. Author guidelines should be consulted at https://www.comicsgrid.com/about/submissions/. Deadlines are agreed with reviewers in an ad hoc basis but we favour rapid publication-- some of these books are already getting 'old'...

We'll be happy to post review copies within the UK for reviewers to keep. We only have one review copy of each book, so each book can only be assigned once for review ;-)

Best wishes,

Ernesto

@ernestopriego
http://epriego.blog/
The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship http://www.comicsgrid.com/
Symbola Comics: https://figshare.com/collections/Symbola_Comics/4090025

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail. The contents of this e-mail must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related organisations, projects, colleagues or employers.

To unsubscribe from the UKCOMICSCHOLARS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=UKCOMICSCHOLARS&A=1