**Apologies for cross-posting**

Sign up to our newsletter to receive 35% discount on all our books.

Out today: Law and society in a populist age

Balancing individual rights and the common good

By Amitai Etzioni

"Ambitiously takes on a wide range of issues, from immigration and Brexit to private data collection and government surveillance, and explains why a liberal communitarian approach can help resolve seemingly unrepairable rifts. Etzioni’s call for respectful dialogue and his sensible compromise positions on hot button topics should trigger long-overdue policy changes." Christopher Slobogin, Vanderbilt University

Read Amitai Etzioni our blog: Understanding the rise of populism and addressing its challenges

Brexit update

Given events of the last few days, are we now closer to a Norway-type Brexit? John Erik Fossum and Hans Petter Graver, authors of Squaring the circle on Brexit reveal the truth behind some common myths about the Norway model. Read more.

For a concise introduction to Brexit and what happens next see Understanding Brexit by Tim Oliver. For cutting-edge research on central themes, Borders, mobility and belonging in the era of Brexit and Trump by Mary Gilmartin, Patricia Wood and Cian O'Callaghan is also out this month.

New in Politics and International Relations

Borders, mobility and belonging in the era of Brexit and Trump

Understanding Brexit

Policy analysis in Turkey

How language works in politics

New in paperback

Alternatives to neoliberalism

Directly elected mayors in urban governance

Policy & Politics

Highly Cited Articles collection

Impact Factors: 1.250 (2yr), 2.165 (5yr)

Conceptualising the active welfare subject: welfare reform in discourse, policy and lived experience
Author: Wright, Sharon

Working-class discourses of politics, policy and health: 'I don't smoke; I don't drink. The only thing wrong with me is my health'
Authors: Mackenzie, Mhairi; Collins, Chik; Connolly, John; Doyle, Mick; McCartney, Gerry

Explore the full collection

New issue

Look out for a new issue of Policy & Politics (Volume 46, Number 3) later this month.

Coming soon

The first double issue of the new European Journal of Politics and Gender is publishing later this month. Keep an eye out for it and find out more on the journal webpage.

Get 35% discount on ALL Bristol University Press and Policy Press books by signing up to our newsletter here.

cid:image001.jpg@01D41535.97F828E0

Bristol University Press and Policy Press
1-9 Old Park Hill, Bristol BS2 8BB, UK

Tel: +44 (0)117 954 5940

To unsubscribe from the TEACHING-POLITICS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=TEACHING-POLITICS&A=1