Good Day,
Due to technical errors, please remove my email from your list.
Many thanks.

On Tue, 7/24/18, Bin Jiang <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Question (evidence)
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 11:02 AM

 Dear Anonymous and other colleagues,
 It is an excellent question!!!
 I have long had this short answer: seeking answers on why
 space syntax works from human cognitive aspects - for
 example how humans conceptualize distance or space or how
 humans minimum angles and distances - is a fallacy; see this
 earlier paper:
 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/2177752_Ranking_Space_for_Predicting_Human_Movement_in_an_Urban_Environment
 Why axial space syntax works - rather than segment
 analysis that fails to capture the living structure - is
 little to do with human cognitive aspects. Instead it is to
 do with the underlying living structure of far more
 less-connected streets than well-connected
  ones. In other words, given a street network, people's
 flow and random walkers' flow are essentially the same,
 because both are substantially shaped by the underlying
 living structure. In other words, a majority of traffic flow
 (e.g.  up to 80%) is determined
  by the living structure or wholeness - the key notion in
 The Nature of Order (Alexander 2002-2005).

 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325848238_Why_Topology_Matters_in_Predicting_Human_Activities

 Thanks and cheers.

 Bin

 On 7/24/2018 8:45 AM,