If you buy a house in Chicago and want to register the deed, the Cook
County Recorder of Deeds will accept two kinds of submissions: paper
records and scanned images of paper records. No matter which option you
choose, the clerks will manually type the information into the county
database.

Roughly once a week, someone — for example, an addict claiming a home that
actually belongs to a grandparent with dementia — will mail in a fake
document, and “if they formatted it correctly, we have to record it,” said
John Mirkovic, the deputy recorder. “It’s one of the main reasons we’re so
interested in blockchain.”

https://nyti.ms/2KqOWfe
https://nyti.ms/2KqOWfe+

--