Dear all,

An opportunity for a new post has arisen at the Microbiology Society which may be of interest to list members. See below for more info, and please contact me off list if you’ve any further questions.

Professional Development Officer: Full-time, Permanent, £25-28K, Central London. Application deadline 19 July.

The Microbiology Society is a membership charity for scientists interested in microbes, their effects and their practical uses. It is one of the largest microbiology societies in Europe with a worldwide membership based in universities, industry, hospitals, research institutes and schools. We are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic Professional Development Officer to join our Members’ Programmes team to deliver our grants and prizes programme within the Society’s growing professional development portfolio for our members. The post holder will also work across the team to support the delivery of events and resources to benefit our members’ careers.

You will be joining the Society at an exciting time as we embark on our new Strategy 2018-2022, initiate projects building up to our 75th Anniversary, and support more microbiologists to enhance their research, find out more about their options and achieve their career goals. The professional development programme is an evidence-based programme and all of our activities are developed and reviewed in response to members’ needs.

You will work within our team, with key members including the Early Career Microbiologists’ Forum, and across other departments at the Society (e.g. Policy, Communications, Conferences and Publishing) to:

-        Enhance our members’ careers and expand their networks – by delivering our grants, prizes and competitions and supporting the delivery of the rest of our professional development programme in line with our members’ needs.

-        Champion microbiologists and help us to grow future leaders – by showcasing successful grant applicants and Prize winners, and ensuring our activities are inclusive by delivering the Society’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion work, working together with our Ambassadors and external stakeholders.

-        Showcase the impact of our activities on microbiology and for our members – by ensuring all activities are appropriately evaluated and communicated to the membership and wider public.

See the job description and how to apply here: https://microbiologysociety.org/about/vacancies.html; closing date: 19th July 2018

Best wishes,

Maria

Dr Maria Fernandes | Professional Development Manager

Microbiology Society | www.microbiologysociety.org

T +44 (0)207 685 2698 | M +44 (0)7900 783222
12 Roger Street, London, WC1N 2JU, UK

Company Limited by Guarantee | Registered in England No. 1039582 | Registered as a Charity: 264017 (England & Wales); SC039250 (Scotland)

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************