Dear all

To those who haven't seen and read it, Prof. Don Norman recently published
an - other provocative - essay in the Fast Company daily newsletter:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90202172/why-bad-technology-dominates-our-lives-according-to-don-norman

I have read it more than once, and I have been reflecting upon it since,
while at the same time expecting comments from other colleagues on this
list.

We all are urged by our colleague, Don, to advance answers to the following
'core' question: "How did we get it so wrong?" As members in a Western
society, first, and nowadays as a worldwide community of humans in the same
boat...drifting to....? And this question is particularly addressed to us,
design professionals at different levels and in all different sub-fields;
we who devise "design principles" embedded in those daily use artifacts
prompting us towards the "wrong way" and maintaining us in that 'wrong
direction'.

More comments, please!

François
Rwanda