We are looking for a candidate to apply for a 24 month Marie-Curie postdoctoral fellowship (https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/actions/get-funding/individual-fellowship-2018_en) to work in the Controlled Imaging Group at the Center for Free-Electron laser Science at DESY, Hamburg, under the supervision of Andrey Yachmenev and Jochen Kuepper (https://www.controlled-molecule-imaging.org).

The possible project concerns with a theoretical study of the function of the nuclear spin dynamics in correlation with the quantum dynamics of nuclei in weakly bound complexes of molecules. For complexes with chiral molecules, one of the aims is to establish a novel scientific basis for understanding the chiral recognition phenomena built around the concept of nuclear-spin mediated noncovalent interactions of chiral molecules. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong background in theoretical atomic or molecular physics or theoretical chemistry. A strong foundation in quantum mechanics is necessary, programming skills are an advantage.

The Controlled Molecule Imaging group at the Center for Free-Electron Laser Science at DESY and Universität Hamburg performs novel experiments and theoretical development on the control and imaging of gas-phase molecules and their intrinsic ultrafast dynamics with applications in fundamental (quantum) physics, chemistry, and structural biology. We develop unique experimental approaches to cool and control complex molecules, including the spatial separation of individual molecular species, their alignment and orientation in space, and the creation of well-defined molecular wavepackets. We image their structures and dynamics, i.e., we record movies of molecules at work, using ion and electron imaging as well as coherent diffractive imaging techniques with x-rays and electrons, and laser-induced electron diffraction.

Informal inquires should be send by email to [log in to unmask] enclosing a CV.

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html