Van: Health of minority ethnic and migrant communities [[log in to unmask]] namens Stéphanie De Maesschalck [[log in to unmask]]
Verzonden: dinsdag 24 juli 2018 11:18
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Question for medical trainers: medical students' assessment of diversity knowledge/attitudes

Hello again

Isn't summer the greatest time to work on all these things for which one is lacking time during academic year ;)?

So here's my second question for today, this time for medical educators.

We are looking for a questionnaire or assessment method on diversity for medical students.

This september, a new family medicine curriculum is starting in Flanders, and we would like to assess medical students knowledge and attitudes at the beginning of the 3-year curriculum, and repeat the same test in year 2 and 3 and at the end.

However: we explicitly want to focus on broad diversity, meaning that we do not only want to involve ethnic-cultural diversity, nut also social and gender diversity issues.

We have been doing some literature search, have come across some cultural competence assessments, however none is matching our "broad" diversity, or intersectionality, approach.

Has anyone of you the same plans? Or has anyone of you already been working on this?

Please let us know!

Thank you!

For the Flemish interuniversity group on diversity in health(care),

Stéphanie De Maesschalck, Ghent University

Kristin Hendrickx, Winny Ang and Louis Ferrant, Antwerp University

David Vanneste, University of Leuven

Hakki Demirkapu, Free University of Brussels