Or, as in the WHO guidelines ‘healthy pregnancy, healthy baby’ versus ‘mother (and/or baby) with complications’?

All the best

Soo

From: A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Patricia Burkhardt
Sent: 02 July 2018 16:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Advice on physiologic birth

We, in NY, have realized that the use of 'low-risk' has many drawbacks since it is defined by different folk in different ways.  We have chosen to use the language of our Midwifery Practice Act (MPA) which states 'essentially normal.'  The docs don't really know what to do with that, and we surely do.  The bottom line is that midwives take care of all women either independently (essentially normal), in consultation, i.e, co-management or referral maybe with some continuing midwife presence in the process.  Depends on the practice parameters.   Best regards, Pat