Dear MeCCSA members,

We are currently in the process of putting together the next edition of Three-D, the official newsletter of the Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA), due to be published in July 2018.

We welcome contributions from our members as outlined below. This is your newsletter and an opportunity to connect with colleagues within your subject association. To have a look at previous editions of the newsletter, please visit the MeCCSA website: http://www.meccsa.org.uk/news/newsletter/

Deadline for all contributions and adverts is Monday 23rd July 2018.

FEATURES
Each newsletter has a range of feature articles / commentary pieces dealing with contemporary issues and debates.

For this issue we are particularly interested in articles on:

* Government’s review of post-18 education
* University league tables, metrics, and NSS
* REF2021 decisions (e.g. on staff inclusion and outputs, UoA structure etc)

* Brexit negotiations and implications for UK HE (esp. funding collaborations, but also media reporting on Brexit)

* media regulation, governance, ownership, and policy

We of course welcome proposals on other topics as well, so please do get in touch if you have an idea or suggestion.

Feature articles can span as many pages as you wish, but in order to make formatting easier, articles should be in multiples of 500 words (so either 500, 1000, 1500 etc). Features like these are usually 500-1500 words. You can also combine an article with an info box or similar. Articles can be accompanied by images.

ADVERTISING
We accept advertising from external organisations in Three-D. The current rates are:

Up to quarter of a page (1/16 or 1/8th or 1/4): £225 Half a page: £250 Full page: £300

DEADLINE AND SUBMISSIONS
All submissions should be emailed to Einar Thorsen on [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Deadline for all contributions and adverts is early Monday 23rd July, although I would greatly appreciate if you could give me an indication as soon as possible if you wish to contribute or not.

All the best,
Einar

Einar Thorsen, PhD
Associate Professor of Journalism and Communication

Head of Research and Professional Practice
School of Journalism, English and Communication

Phone:   +44 (0)1202 968838
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/einarthorsen
Website: http://journalismstudies.info

Associate Director, CsJCC
http://research.bournemouth.ac.uk/centre/journalism-culture-and-community/

Communication Officer of MeCCSA:
http://www.meccsa.org.uk/

BU is a Disability Confident Employer and has signed up to the Mindful Employer charter. Information about the accessibility of University buildings can be found on the BU DisabledGo webpages. This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.