Roger

I'm with the un-techie lot and would say put a timer on the electrical socket into which the projector is plugged.

I have a similar Heath Robinson system for turning off and on the fan in my studio - hasn't failed since 11 May - cost £3.95 from the misnamed Poundland.

Best, Andrew

On 3 Jul 2018, at 11:59, Jeffery, Roger wrote:

Thanks very much for all your suggestions. It’s an NEC  ME301XG – I was thinking along the same lines as Catherine and this software looks like it should do the trick:

Roger Jeffery
Exhibitions & Interpretation Officer
Culture Warrington
Warrington Museum & Art Gallery
Museum Street, Warrington WA1 1JB
Telephone: 01925 442396
Fax: 01925 443257

From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jamie Unwin
Sent: 03 July 2018 11:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Automating computer + projector

I quite like Catherine’s suggestion, if setup correctly it should be pretty rock solid (ie. you could probably even check that the projector has turned, after you turn it on).

Another solution might be to buy/use a consumer universal remote like a Harmony Elite/Hub to schedule an on/off actively at a certain time?

You could probably also programme an external IR USB dongle to send the correct signals, but that would need some coding.