Hello Matt,

I have developed a proof of concept app that goes some way in the direction you are exploring.
If you would like to chat about possibilities, call me on 07785 366 492.

Sylvie

From: Museums Computer Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of "Tyler, Matt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sunday, 29 July 2018 at 17:13
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Project Proposal

Dear MCG,

I reach out to you today to see if there is anyone in the MCG who might be interested in a project proposal that involves developing a digital tool for a museum visitor. This could build on existing digital ‘storytelling’ projects eg. EMOTIVE. It would tap the research method, used by historians, of reconstructing the materials and techniques behind an artwork, allowing the visitor to ‘see through’ the stages of its creation without leaving the display space.

I am a current PhD candidate in History of Art at the University of Glasgow, and I am submitting an application for a 2018 AHRC initiative called the SGSAH NPIF innovation placement scheme, which involves a PhD graduate collaborating on a project with an academic mentor and an industry partner. The scheme funds the applicant to undertake the placement with the industrial partner.

At present I have a potential HEI mentor at the University of Glasgow: I am looking for an industrial partner, with a creative and flexible mindset, with whom I can collaborate on this challenge. The idea itself can potentially be built into existing projects, or adapted to suit additional requirements, should that be necessary.

Please feel free to get in touch with me if this interests you.

Best regards,

Matt Tyler

CDP PhD Candidate, History of Art

University of Glasgow & The National Gallery, London

[The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN]<http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk>
[“Thomas]<https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/thomas-cole-eden-to-empire>