Hi Tony,

It’s all a bit uncertain at this stage, but we’re looking to display 3-400 images of historical printing blocks. There are no appropriate standards for their description, so a custom metadata scheme is required - and most of the static image gallery generators I’ve seen seem only to support metadata such as EXIF out of the box, whereas we’d need to describe the dimensions of the artefacts; their subject; their usage; notes; etc. The host has limited IT, so a database-driven site is out of the question. The metadata doesn’t need to be searchable (except by Google) but it does need to be displayed next to the images. Browsing forwards>backwards through, say, 20 pages each displaying 20 images in order is sufficient. There will be no updates, so a one-off generation of content is acceptable.

Best,

Giles