Dear Colleagues,

Is there anyone out there who is not using a reading list system and have a central ordering/acquisitions team or an in-house central ordering system that they are willing to tell me about?

We don’t have a reading list system at UEL at the moment, and we do not really have a central ordering team. Our Academic Services librarians are in charge of placing orders for their schools, and very often they do not receive reading lists from lecturers.

Please note that UEL library has a rather small team, where the collections team is made up of four people only responsible for print and electronic books, journals and databases, as well as metadata, access and copyright management. I’m keen to hear from colleagues from institutions of a similar size, assuming that there is anyone out there left that does not have a reading list system in place.

Please reply to the list or directly to me and I’m happy to put all the responses together and share them via the list.

Kind regards,

Ewa

Ewa Cepuchowicz

Digital library manager

Library and Learning Services

University of East London

Docklands Campus

University Way, London

E16 2RD

Email: [log in to unmask]

Telephone: 020 8223 7416

fbtwlinked

CSE_V_CMYK (003)

The information transmitted in this e-mail and its contents is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended addressee you are prohibited from storing, copying or using the information in any way. This email has been checked for viruses and malware but no liability is accepted by UEL for any damage caused by any virus or malware that may be transmitted by this email.

To unsubscribe from the LIS-LINK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-LINK&A=1