Dear Colleagues

Here at the University of Edinburgh, a thematic review is underway to look at services for Mature Students, Student Parents and Carers, and the library is looking to review its policy on library users bringing in children (under 16) to use the library facilities.  At present the policy encourages parents accompanied by children to have short visits only, and we are mindful of the need to review our offer and make the library more welcoming for this user group.  We currently don't have any specific spaces dedicated for library users with children but adding this facility might be possible as part of a future Main Library redevelopment.

Our current policy is at: https://www.ed.ac.uk/information-services/library-museum-gallery/using-library/join-the-library/policy-child-access

I should be grateful if you would be willing to share information about your library policy and innovative ways in which you support parents accompanied by children in your library.

Kind regards

Barry

Barry Croucher

Head of Help Services