 Dear all,

I am preparing to co-write an article with my fellow librarian at the Royal
Courts of Justice, Stephanie Curran, on the library of the Doctors'
Commons. As part of this, we are interested in institutions that hold books
from the library.

If anyone has books from the Doctors' Commons (or College of Advocates) in
their collections, could they reply to me off-list? I have seen the
bibliographic records for the copies listed on WorldCat, COPAC and HPB.

The books are easy to identify as they have a distinctive book label
(usually on the verso of the title page) or book stamp. The label can be
seen here: https://richardtottel.blog/plowden/.

The books were sold at auction in 1861. There are at least two catalogues
of the library prior to this, published in 1818 and 1858.

Kind regards, Renae Satterley