We are delighted to open yet another position in our fast-growing team and
company.
You will have the chance to work with world-leading academics in
Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.
The news of the world will be your dataset and you will have the
opportunity to solve real-time complex information challenges.

To apply visit this link
https://bit.ly/2mEmuIv

*About Signal*

Signal has created a platform for analysing text and discovering market
intelligence. Our large-scale text analytics system (currently processing
more than 3 million documents a day in real-time) unlocks knowledge and
insights from unstructured textual data using diverse text analytics and
machine learning components. For instance, we apply near de-duplication
methods to group similar articles from different publications or entity
disambiguation so that we can identify if, for example, a mention of
“Iceland” refers to the retail company or the country. Our media monitoring
product, built on top of our technology, is enabling organisations to solve
real-time complex information challenges (e.g. “All the news related to
IPOs of European technology companies”).

We work closely with world-leading academics in Information Retrieval,
Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning via academic
collaborations and our visiting research program that have resulted in
several publications and events. We are looking for researchers with a
strong track record (e.g., publications, research grants, PC memberships,
…), as well as programming skills to implement and test their ideas in
order to continue innovating our technology platform and products. The
selected candidate will work in our Data Science team, alongside other
researchers, data engineers and developers.

We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our
Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive
environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse
backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are
proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.

Signal is a venture-backed company with almost $30 million raised to date.
Some of our investors include The Guardian, Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures,
Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.

*Main Responsibilities*

   - Propose, design and implement data science components to improve our
   products. This ranges from literature review to the implementation and
   comparison of state of the art models and also the proposal of novel models.
   - Work closely with developers and engineers to implement, scale and
   deploy new components.
   - Supervise and coordinate visiting researchers (usually PhD students)
   and MSc students.
   - Be involved in writing and publishing academic papers
   - Be involved and advise other teams about how data science can be used
   to address different challenges.
   - Represent Signal in academic or industrial conferences and other
   events, to promote our research and data science brand.

The ideal candidate will have a strong data science background with a PhD
in a related field (e.g., Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence,
Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval,...). The candidate
should also be a competent developer with experience using ML libraries and
frameworks with large datasets.

We are looking for someone who can understand our clients challenges,
propose methods to solve problems, experiment with different alternatives
to address it and implement a solution that could be deployed in
production. Team work and learning are two of the pillars at Signal and for
this reason, we are looking for individuals who are open-minded,
inquisitive and have the desire to learn new skills from everyone in the
company.

*Requirements *

Desirable skills and qualifications:

   - PhD in a field related to Data Science, Natural Language Processing or
   Machine Learning
   - Knowledge and practical usage of machine learning libraries/frameworks
   (e.g., SpaCy, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, Vowpal Wabbit, Gensim, …)
   - Development experience (Python preferred)
   - Strong written and verbal communication skills
   - Ability to supervise and coordinate MSc students and external
   collaborations
   - Published work on major international conferences or Journals (e.g.,
   KDD, SIGIR, ACL, ICML, NIPS, ...)

Nice to have:

   - AWS experience (Kinesis, Dynamo, ECS, …)
   - Elasticsearch experience

*Benefits*

We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to
join us - we recently celebrated turning five years old. We offer you the
following:

   - Competitive salary package and share options - you’ll be fairly
   rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
   - Exposure to large amounts of data - The world's news will be your
   collection
   - Interesting machine learning challenges
   - Company MacBook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is
   essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
   - Flexible working hours - whether you have parental responsibilities,
   or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life
   more manageable;
   - Flexible budget to attend learning and development opportunities such
   as meet-ups and conferences
   - Snacks and fruit! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and
   treats;
   - Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together,
   and stays together!
   - Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary
   period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
   - Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of
   something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and
   in the years to come

Sponsorship available for the right candidate (non-EU applicants only)

If you want to know more about the company and our research team, please
visit signalmedia.co
<https://workable.com/nr?l=https%3A%2F%2Fsignalmedia.co%2F> and
research.signalmedia.co
<https://workable.com/nr?l=http%3A%2F%2Fresearch.signalmedia.co%2F>. For
any questions, or if you want to know more about us, please send an email
to [log in to unmask]

--

Dr. Dyaa Albakour
Senior Data Scientist | Signal Media

07891104237
signalmedia.co | @signalHQ
<https://twitter.com/SignalHQ?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor>
Signal, 5th Floor, 32-38 Leman Street, London, E1 8EW

Proud winners of the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards New Business of
the Year 2017

Subscribe
<http://signalmedia.co/tomorrows-business-sign-up/?utm_source=Signature&utm_campaign=Tomorrows_Business&utm_medium=email>
 to the *Tomorrow's Business* newsletter to see what is going to drive the
news agenda tomorrow.