Greetings,

We encourage submissions to our shoreline-crossing, interdisciplinary AGU session on tectonic geomorphology.

Our invited speakers include Dr. Olaf Zielke (KAUST) and Dr. Luca Malatesta (UCSC), with a range of expertise from earthquake seismology to coupled tectonic-surface processes and geomorphology.

T026: Linking Tectonic Geomorphology and Plate Boundary Processes in Terrestrial and Marine Environments

Spatial variation in the crustal structure, kinematics, and seismogenic behavior of plate boundaries is often expressed in tectonic geomorphology and shallow structure both onshore and offshore. In this session, we aim to explore the relationship between surficial geomorphology, sediment dynamics and active tectonics to plate boundary processes, including studies that link upper plate processes to deeper crustal structure or hazards that are often associated with large earthquakes (e.g., landslides, tsunamis). We invite contributions from both marine and terrestrial environments, particularly those that employ new tools and advanced techniques for characterizing and quantifying spatial variability in deformation mode, rate, and recurrence. As it is particularly important to consider studies that span major geomorphic process domains (i.e. from the shoreline to the base of the slope), we encourage contributions from a wide range of geographic areas that employ a variety of methods to examine plate boundary processes and segmentation.

Co-Organized with Tectonophysics and Earth & Planetary Surface Processes; Cross-Listed with Ocean Sciences and Natural Hazards

Here's the link to our full session description and abstract submissions:

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/48541

We look forward to an interesting and dynamic session. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Cheers,

Jenna Hill

Janet Watt

Danny Brothers

Jared Kluesner

USGS Pacific Coastal & Marine Science Center

Dr. Jenna C. Hill

Research Geologist
Pacific Coastal & Marine Science Center
U.S. Geological Survey