Dear Colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to the following AGU Fall Meeting 2018 session:

T054: Whose Fault Is It? Relating Structural and Compositional Heterogeneity to Slip Behavior

Large plate boundary fault systems are commonly rheologically segmented both along strike and down dip, including across the transition from seismic to aseismic shear displacement. In addition to thermal controls, these variations in slip style may arise due to geometric or compositional heterogeneities along the fault zone. Many questions remain on the relationships between structure and fault behavior. For example, how does rupture propagation interact with roughness or material properties along a fault at a range of slip rates? How does this impact the global variability in seismic behavior at plate boundaries? In this session, we will highlight recent advances in characterizing observed structures, geophysical properties, lithologies, and slip behaviors at plate boundary faults at a range of scales, with a focus on relationships between these features. We encourage submissions from seismology, magnetotellurics, geodesy, earthquake rupture modeling, structural geology, fault zone drilling, and experimental work.

The link to the session can be found here:

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/49102

Invited Speakers:

Thomas Gobel

TBA

Session Conveners:

Hannah Rabinowitz, Brown University

Helen Janiszewski, DTM

Samer Naif, LDEO

Ake Fagereng, Cardiff University

The deadline to submit abstracts is August 1, 2018.

--

Dr Ake Fagereng

Reader

School of Earth and Ocean Sciences

Cardiff University

Main Building

Cardiff

CF10 3AT

Phone: +44 (0)29 2087 0760

Email: [log in to unmask]

Dr Ake Fagereng

Darllenydd

Ysgol Gwyddorau’r Ddaear a’r Mor

Prifysgol Caerdydd

Prif Adeilad

Caerdydd

CF10 3AT

Ffôn : +44 (0)29 2087 0760

E-bost: [log in to unmask]

The University welcomes correspondence in Welsh or English.

Mae'r Brifysgol yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg neu'n Saesneg.

To unsubscribe from the GEO-TECTONICS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GEO-TECTONICS&A=1