Literacy Education and Second Language Learning by Adults - LESLLA - held its first-ever election for an executive committee officers during June and early July, This was one of our major steps toward formalizing our organization, which we first formed in 2005. Some of the races were a few very close races. There were 170 votes cast. We are pleased to present you the results. Please feel free to share with those in your network, and translate if need be.

President: Patsy Egan (Hamline University, Minnesota, USA)

Vice President: Rola Naeb (Northumbria University, UK)

Assistant Treasurer: Lisa Gonzalves (University of California at Davis, USA)

Secretary: Jenna Altherr Flores (University of Arizona, USA)

Assistant Secretary: Taina Tammelin-Laine (University of Jyväskylä, Finland)

Communications: Rai Farrelly (St Michaels College, Vermont, USA)

The position of Treasurer remains unfilled because there were no nominations. LESLLA is a multi-lingual, international organization and it is expected that this position will be filled by someone from a non-English speaking country. This will be on the business meeting agenda for the 15th annual symposium in Palermo, Italy from 4 - 6 October.

Please join us in congratulating our new officers!

www.leslla.org

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]