Hi Everyone,

> Everything in Wordhoard is in the public domain, and I’ll be happy to put the data on github if there is a demand for them.

> which James Tauber and Giuseppe Celano are in the position to integrate with the Scaife viewer

@Helma do you know if these are already in a repo managed by the Perseus project? If they are not available in any official version control, the CLTK's repos are meant for just this (<https://github.com/cltk/ <https://github.com/cltk/>>). Anyone who knows and cares about this data set could manage it, out of the CLTK organization.

@Martin Off the top of my head, one likely use of this metrical data would be to assist in tagging meter of unseen (non-Homeric) Greek hexameter. We could talk further on the Issues page about this, others would know better than I.

Finally, and this is a larger point: I am seeing more and more useful algorithms, usually embedded within user-friendly websites, from Classicists. Once your work reaches some maturity, I strongly suggest that you implement your code in the CLTK, for use in processing pipelines, not just a GUI. What is an end product for you might become the jumping-off place for another.

Regards,
Kyle

Jul 24, 2018, 12:04 PM by [log in to unmask]: