Hello!

With just about 8 weeks to go until the BitCurator Users Forum 2018: Living on the Edge: Extending Digital Forensics into New Sectors scheduled to take place September 13-14 at the UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library we wanted to send a reminder that registration is open and we’d love to see you in Los Angeles!

Register here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bitcurator-users-forum-2018-registration-45109631121

Final Program Now Available!

We are happy to announce that the final program is now available on the BitCurator Consortium website.

https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/buf2018-program

Introduction to Digital Forensics Workshop

The first day of the BitCurator Users Forum will feature an "Introduction to Digital Forensics" workshop aimed at practitioners who are just getting started working with digital forensics tools and methods. This workshop will include an overview of digital forensics concepts, and will mostly focus on hands-on exercises and activities.

Let’s-Do-This-a-thon Sessions

Day One will also feature a “Let’s-Do-This-a-thon”--collaborative working sessions on various topics, hare-brained project ideas, problems, issues, etc. We have invited submissions for the “Let’s-Do-This-a-thon” in advance, but will also be providing time at the beginning of Day One for attendees to self-organize around topics and interests. If you are interested in submitting an ideas for a session you can still submit those in advance here.

Sponsorship information

Finally, the Program Committee would like to thank our initial sponsors, Digital Intelligence, Digital Library Federation, Digital Revolution, and LYRASIS, whose generous support has helped to make the BitCurator Users Forum 2018 event possible. We are still seeking additional sponsors for the event, so if you are interested and would like to learn more please visit the Sponsorship section of the website.

Best,

Sam Meister
Preservation Communities Manager, Educopia Institute
http://educopia.org
@samalanmeister

To unsubscribe from the DIGITAL-PRESERVATION list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DIGITAL-PRESERVATION&A=1