l>

Dear colleague,

You may have already heard that our esteemed colleague, friend and University of Aberdeen PhD graduate Dr Hanifi Bariş was arrested yesterday and is currently being detained in a Turkish prison. He has been charged with "posting items of criminal content" on his social media pages. As I am sure you can understand, we are extremely concerned about this situation and are campaigning for his immediate release.

We are asking that you please read and sign our online petition https://chn.ge/2KREwSj and share as widely as possible with your networks. If posting on social media, please ensure you also include the following hashtags: #FreeHanifi #HanifiyeÖzgürlük

In solidarity,

ADITYA MOHANTY

Aditya Mohanty, Ass. Prof of Development Studies @ Central Univ. of South Bihar, Gaya (Currently on PhD Study Leave @ University of Aberdeen, UK 2016-19)Tel: +44-07810101718

To unsubscribe from the CRIT-GEOG-FORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CRIT-GEOG-FORUM&A=1