Two Wellcome Trust-funded Postdoc Positions available in the group of Christiane Berger-Schaffitzel, School of Biochemistry, University of Bristol !

The successful candidate(s) will join a multi-disciplinary team of international researchers investigating the structures and mechanisms of human mRNA quality control (NMD), to recognise and eliminate faulty mRNAs to forestall synthesis of truncated, disease-causing proteins. We employ a combination of biochemistry, electron cryo-microscopy and X-ray crystallography, utilising our excellent MultiBac baculovirus/insect cell protein production and structural biology facilities at Bristol.

We welcome applications from enthusiastic and motivated individuals with a PhD (or about to obtain one) in structural biology, biochemistry, biophysics or related, with a strong interest in inter-disciplinary structural molecular biology research.

The posts are full-time and up to five years.

Application deadline: Thursday 12th July 2018

For details and application procedure, please visit

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details.html?nPostingId=13634&nPostingTargetId=66474&id=Q50FK026203F3VBQBV7V77V83&LG=UK&mask=uobext

For informal enquiries, please contact: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Links:

http://www.bris.ac.uk/biochemistry/people/christiane-h-berger-schaffitzel/index.html

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Christiane_Schaffitzel

----

Dr Christiane Berger-Schaffitzel
Wellcome Trust Investigator
Professor of Biochemistry
University of Bristol
Biomedical Sciences
University Walk
Bristol, BS8 1TD

Tel:     +44 (0)117 394 1869

A top 4 UK university with leading employers (High Fliers 2018)

A top 5 UK university for research (REF 2014)

A top 10 UK university (QS Ranking 2018)