Dear friends

Thilaka, Gordon's daughter, has asked us to say that all are very welcome to Gordon Hillman's funeral, which will be on Thursday 26 July, at 1pm in Hailsham Parish Church in East Sussex. It will be followed by a reception at a nearby hall.

Although Hailsham is not on the railway, there are frequent buses (8 min journey) from Polegate station nearby (http://www.traveline.info/), and plenty of parking in the town centre. I'm happy to answer any practical queries but please be sure to email me only, not the whole list.

Dorian Fuller warmly invites you to add your memories or thoughts of Gordon to his blog at:
https://archaeobotanist.blogspot.com/2018/07/in-memoriam-gordon-hillman-1943-2018.html

Please see also warm memories from Ray Mears:
https://blog.raymears.com/2018/07/06/professor-gordon-hillman/

Mark

Professor Mark Nesbitt
Senior Research Leader - Economic Botany
Herbarium
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Richmond
Surrey