Dear list members,
We have found some carbonized remains of grasses, which resemble Setaria
and Echinochloa. Here we have in our reference collection only Panicum
miliaceum, so I cannot compare these seeds with Setaria or Echinochloa
species.

In the attached files there are five remains from an Pre-Roman Iron Age
site in Scania, southern Sweden and on the other file one remain from a
earlier remain, from a Bronze Age site also in Scania. Below are
measurements of the remains.

I would appreciate suggestions on the identification of these remains and
if someone knows where to get hold of reference seeds of Echinochloa and
Setaria.

Setaria Echinochloa 1.pdf
Lenght Breadth Thickness
PM18945 1,0 0,8 0,5