European Association of Social Anthropologists Conference 2018: Call for Lab Participants

Teaching about migration choices with digital ethnographies: https://nomadit.co.uk/easa/easa2018/conferencesuite.php/panels/7034

Where: Aula Magna-Kungsstenen (Room 35)
When 14 Aug, 2018 at 13:15 - 15:30

Sessions 1

With “digital ethnographies” we usually refer to the outcomes of an ethnographic practice that attends to the increasing relevance of digital communication and offline practices shaped by digitalisation. But can ethnographic storytelling itself go digital? Can ethnography become interactive and its production networked and distributed? What do we, our students and the broader and diverse publics of anthropology, research participants included, gain by turning our ethnographic material into digital artefacts?

If you are interested in any of these questions, and also have been pondering on how videogaming can help us address longstanding issues in the pedagogy of migration, you should come to this lab!

The session consists of a collective gaming session of The Long Day of Young Peng<http://thelongdayofyoungpeng.com/> followed by a discussion and a hands-on workshop to illustrate and experiment with the digital artisanry behind developing open-access, interactive storytelling web pages!

More info about the Lab can be found here<https://nomadit.co.uk/easa/easa2018/conferencesuite.php/panels/7034>.

The lab can accommodate up to 20 participants, selected on a first-write, first-served basis. To sign up, please send an e-mail to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by the 13th of August. Participants should bring their own laptops or preferred web-browsing devices.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Stockholm.

Andrea

Dr Andrea E. Pia | 安子
Assistant Professor | Department of Anthropology
London School of Economics
Co-Editor of Chinoiresie.info<http://www.chinoiresie.info/>
Co-Creator of The Long Day of Young Peng: A Digital Ethnography<http://thelongdayofyoungpeng.com/>
Latest Publications:
Fighting for One's Life: the making and unmaking of public goods in the Yunnanese countryside<https://www.academia.edu/34781206/Fighting_for_Ones_Life_the_making_and_unmaking_of_public_goods_in_the_Yunnanese_Countryside>
Back on the Water Margin: the ethical fixes of sustainable water provisions in rural China<http://www.academia.edu/31530451/Back_on_the_water_margin_the_ethical_fixes_of_sustainable_water_provisions_in_rural_China>

+44(0)20 7955 7614
https://lse.academia.edu/AndreaPia
http://www.lse.ac.uk/anthropology/people/Andrea-Pia.aspx

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/Anthropology-Matters   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers *

To unsubscribe please click here:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ANTHROPOLOGY-MATTERS&A=1