Dear All

This is a project being driven by our IT department  and they are keen to talk to other Trusts who are in the same position as ourselves.

We have a very creaky (8yrs)  Unix  Telepath server and are looking at  options to replace.
These all  require  a very significant outlay of funds which are proving hard to come by.
Initially we were informed that the system could not be virtualised however it appears that this would be possible by using Nutanix.  Again a considerable investment but  we could   considerably reduce costs by  using this system to host the LIMS for other laboratories. ie host a cloud solution

The IT department are eager to talk to any Trusts/labs who are in the same position

If this is you then please would you forward this to your IT leads who should contact:

Appleton Nigel (Head of IT) <[log in to unmask]>

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk