Dear colleague,

Apologies for cross-posting. TU Delft is hosting the conference
"Mathematics Applied to Transport and Traffic Systems", MATTS, as ninth
edition of the "Workshop on the Mathematical Foundations of Traffic".
Please be reminded of the (extended) deadline of 30 June 2018, i.e. end
of the week. We look forward to your contributions!

More details are given below and on the website: https://tinyurl.com/MATTS18

Best regards,
on behalf of the organizing team,

Victor Knoop, Dorine Duives, Duncan van der Heul, Kees Vuik and Serge
Hoogendoorn

--
*dr. V.L. (Victor) Knoop*
Associate Professor

*TU* Delft / Transport & Planning
Gebouw 23
Stevinweg 1
2628 CN Delft
Postbus (PO box) 5048
2600 GA Delft
T +31(0)15 27 88413
E [log in to unmask]

–-

Mathematics Applied in Transport and Traffic Systems MATTS 2018

 From 17-19 October 2018 the Mathematics Applied in Transport and
Traffic Systems 2018 conference will be held in the historic city of
Delft, The Netherlands. This event follows up on earlier workshops on
the mathematical foundations of traffic modeling and is hosted by Delft
University of Technology's Transport & Planning and Numerical Analysis
groups.

The aim of this workshop is to stimulate interaction between
mathematicians and traffic modeling researchers to exchange ideas and
initiate synergetic cooperations. As such, we invite contributions from
both communities on the development of models of transport and traffic
systems.

MATTS 2018 covers a wide spectrum ranging from applications to
fundamental aspects of mathematical modeling of traffic systems,
including:

- Dynamic systems
- Traffic flow theory
- Network fundamental diagrams
- Macroscopic modelling of pedestrians
- Hyperbolic conservation laws
- Network modelling
- Stochastic models
- Computational methods
- Modelling environmental impacts
- Automated vehicles
- Coupling of dynamics at vehicle and road scale

The conference will include contributed talks and (confirmed) keynote
lectures from:
Michel Bierlaire (EPFL)
Axel Klar (Technical University of Kaiserslautern)
Ludovic Leclercq (Univ. Lyon)
Carolina Osorio (MIT)
Alexandros Sopasakis, University of Lund

Additionally, a special issue of Transportmetrica A will be dedicated to
selected papers from the conference.

For more information we refer to the conference website:
https://tinyurl.com/MATTS18