Excellent newsletter Mats. It is going to be a fantastic conference, with
so much to share and learn! Look forward to seeing everyone in October.
It is going to be so intense we shall need holidays after it!
Ale

> Dear friends of IFRTT,
>

> China is at the center of world affairs. Firstly we have the looming trade
> war between the US and China (and now also Europe) and secondly we have the
> North Korea issue, where China has been playing an active, but low profile
> role to stabilize the situation on the Korean peninsula. We all now keep
> our fingers crossed that the meeting between president Trump and Kim
> Jung’un will be successful.
>

> At the center of the trade war issue is a China that has been dragging its
> feet in opening up markets and reforming its economy. That together with
> unbalanced trade and investment flows with US and the EU has created
> tensions. Add to this a China with a political system that the West does
> not comprehend and an increasingly militarily assertive China and we have a
> very pungent cocktail.
>

> But, maybe the real core issues are tectonic changes in the geo-economic
> and geo-political landscape? No other country has ever on so many levels
> been able to challenge the US. Russia was a military and political threat
> and Japan was an economic challenge, but China is so much more. How should
> the US and the rest of the world relate to a rising China? This is the real
> conversation.
>

> This last half a year was a period of important political and high profile
> meetings that started with the 19th Chinese Communist Party Congress in
> November and followed by the National Peoples’ Congress and the China
> Peoples’ Political Consultative Conference in March. Finally at the Bao’ao
> forum (the China “Davos”) in April we started hearing long awaited concrete
> plans for how China intends to fulfill the reform and opening promises that
> it kept announcing since early 2017. Relevant to us in the IFRTT is that
> China has now finally laid down a time plan for the gradual opening of its
> automotive industry. From this year it will be possible to set up majority
> owned electric vehicle production companies and the same openings will
> apply to commercial vehicle and traditional passenger cars 2020 and 2022
> respectively.
>

> In view of an automotive market that potentially stands before important
> reshuffling due to advances in electrification, autonomous and connected
> services technologies, these ownership changes are very significant as they
> will allow for more freedom to tackle these challenges and opportunities.
>

> China has been leading the development of electric vehicles though very
> active industrial policies and with with huge amounts of state support.
> China today has by far more electric vehicles deployed than any other
> country in the world. That has itself set the ball rolling for the global
> automotive industry to speed up development of electric vehicles.
> Furthermore, economies of scale are now being reached, which is reducing
> the cost of key components such as batteries, that are fast becoming both
> [...]

Dr. Ing. Alejandra Efrón
Partner, BrAle Consulting

Email: [log in to unmask]  <[log in to unmask]>
Website: www.braleconsulting.com  <http://www.braleconsulting.com/>
Skype: brale.consulting  <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#>
Blog: vccs-latina.blogspot.com.ar
Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this
e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received
this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.