Dear all,

The Microbiology Society is currently advertising two full-time Policy Officer roles, which may be of interest to PSCI-COM list members.

The Microbiology Society is a membership charity for scientists interested in microbes, their effects and their practical uses. It is one of the largest microbiology societies in Europe with a worldwide membership based in universities, industry, hospitals, research institutes and schools.

We are seeking two talented and enthusiastic Policy Officers to join our Members’ Programmes team to help drive our growing science policy program connecting our expert members with government, parliament and other research stakeholders.

You will be joining the Society at an exciting time as we embark on our new Strategy 2018-2022, projects building up to our 75th Anniversary, and support more microbiologists to inform and address key policy developments and global challenges, including research and innovation policy, antimicrobial resistance and the Sustainable Development Goals.

You will have the opportunity to represent the Society at science policy events and meetings, and work with members, colleagues (e.g. Professional Development, Communications, Publishing) and strategic partners in the scientific community to develop and deliver events, publications and reactive consultation responses that:

·         Empower our members to engage in science policy - providing opportunities for our members to stay up-to-date with policy developments affecting microbiology, and to develop science policy skills, experience and networks to enhance the impact of their research.

·         Inform policy - bringing together our members’ expertise to communicate the best microbiological evidence and solutions to policy-makers, and to ensure our members are supported with the skills, resources and infrastructure to do excellent and impactful microbiology.

·         Champion microbiology - increasing awareness and understanding of the public value of microbiology, our members’ work, and global challenges they are helping address.

Full-time, £25-28K, Central London

Full details can be found here: https://microbiologysociety.org/about/vacancies.html

Best wishes,

Dr Paul Richards | Policy Manager

Microbiology Society | www.microbiologysociety.org

T +44 (0)20 7685 2542 | M +44 (0)7827 871367
12 Roger Street, London, WC1N 2JU, UK

Company Limited by Guarantee | Registered in England No. 1039582 | Registered as a Charity: 264017 (England & Wales); SC039250 (Scotland)

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************