Dear all

You will see me posting four vacancies within my team over the coming days so if you like the idea of working within public engagement at UCL alongside a growing and very friendly team who take their work seriously but have a lot of fun doing it, then please keep your eyes peeled.

Following a departmental restructure, I am shortly moving into a new role as Director of Engagement with responsibility for the Public Engagement team, the Community Engagement team, the Evaluation team and the Schools Engagement team within UCL Culture.

The second post I am recruiting for is that of Public Engagement Manager (SLASH and the Institute  of Education) (£34,635 - £41,864 per annum). The post holder will become part of a trio of Public Engagement Managers who each provide public engagement for one or more of UCL's major schools through the provision of advice and guidance, training, mentoring and brokerage activities. They will also support our public engagement funding schemes and seek to embed a strategic approach to public engagement by engaging with and influencing relevant academic and Professional Services colleagues.

In this case, the post holder will provide a public engagement consultancy service for the Joint Faculty of the School of Laws, Arts & Humanities, Laws, Social and Historical Sciences and the School of Slavonic & East European Studies (SLASH) and the Institute of Education, a world leading centre for research and teaching in education and social science.

The successful candidate will have experience of advising on public engagement as part of the research cycle, an understanding of best practice and research into the effectiveness of public engagement and  excellent communication skills. Also important, is the ability to support others to creatively develop and implement their own public engagement ideas.

If that sounds like you, or someone you know, please find out more about the post of Public Engagement Manager (SLASH & IOE)<https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTcyOTAxMiZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT05NjUmb3duZXI9NTA0MTE3OCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJmpvYl9yZWZfY29kZT0xNzI5MDEyJnBvc3RpbmdfY29kZT0yMjQ=> and consider applying by the closing date of 24 June 2018,

And do watch this space for further opportunities.

Best wishes

Best wishes

Laura Cream
Head of Public Engagement
UCL Culture
409 Bidborough House
38-50 Bidborough Street
London WC1H 9BT

Tel: +44 (0)20 3108 8913
Internal: 58913
Website: www.ucl.ac.uk/culture<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/culture>
Twitter: @UCL_Culture<https://twitter.com/UCL_Culture>

This year, the UCL Public Engagement Unit celebrates its 10th anniversary. Find out more about how we're marking the occasion and let us know what you think<https://www.ucl.ac.uk/culture/public-engagement/10-years-ucl-public-engagement-unit>.

Sign up to the UCL Public Engagement Network Newsletter https://www.ucl.ac.uk/culture/newsletter-signup

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)

Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212