Hi, Elizabeth,

I'm responding privately versus publicly as I used to work for
Elsevier...Embase offers access to some titles that are not included in
Scopus (due to licensing restrictions), but the real difference, as others
have noted, is the unique way in which to work with the very granular
indexing and the EMTREE search feature. You can search for Embase content
on Scopus, but the search experience is much more robust when searching the
stand-alone Embase product.

Embase is also available on several platforms including Ovid and ProQuest
Dialog (my favorite, but I cut my teeth on Dialog).

Unless you have a hard-core researcher who needs to really get into the
weeds with the indexing, searching Embase via Scopus is probably
sufficient--from my experience as a former trainer with Dialog and
Elsevier, I think most end users would be stymied by the need to learn more
sophisticated search techniques.

BTW, I think you live in one of the most gorgeous places on Earth--the
Highlands are simply breathtaking! When life gets to be too busy, I imagine
being back in Glencoe and Inverness to help me seek a few moments of calm
and clarity!!!!

Good luck with your research,
Jill

Jill Konieczko, MLS
Zimmerman Associates Inc. (under contract to the NASA Goddard Space Flight
Center Library)

--
Jill Konieczko, MLS
5701 Euclid St