Date

21st June 2018
Location
University Centre Grimsby
Time
10:00  am- 15:00pm

Please click on the link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/aldinhe-regional-symposium-tickets-45800875652
to book your free place for the ALDinHE Regional Symposium to be hosted by University Centre Grimsby.

Details are  of our draft programme for the day

Start

Finish

Activity

10.00

10.30

Arrival, sign-in and networking with refreshments

10.30

10.45

Welcome, housekeeping, structure of the day

10.45

12:00

Show and Tell (time allocated flexible)

Learning Developers have a maximum of 10-15 minutes to share an event/experience/tool/idea/solution/etc. that has had a positive effect on their work with students and/or staff.

Lewis Simpson:

Metaphors

Dan Felton:

The question is WHY?

Nathan Michael:

Community & Practice

Adrian Mills:

Digital Competitions

Elaine Topham:

Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality in Vocational Learning – Activity – Try the Hololens  experience.

12.00

12.45

Lunch

12.45

13:45

Group discussion Part 1: Tech and Mobile Learning

Does the traditional classroom meet learner needs or is tech/mobile learning the future?

Author and Executive Director of Digital Learning discusses collaborative pedagogical development with the use of the Learning Wheel

13:45

14:00

Refreshments

14:00

14:45

Group discussion Part 2: Resilience: A rise is stress among staff is no surprise given the increasing pressures and demands to use innovative technology in the classroom.

How can we promote/manage staff mental health & wellbeing?

14:45

15:00

Plenary / Evaluation.

If you would like to participate or have any question, please get in touch [log in to unmask]

We look forward to seeing you on the 21st June 2018

Kind regards

Ella

Ella Malton

HE Academic Achievement Coach

HE Learning Centre Room 0H08D

Grimsby University Centre

The Grimsby Institute

Nuns Corner

DN34 5BQ

01472 311222 Ext 1423

Email: [log in to unmask]

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and/or your system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Grimsby Institute Group (The Group). Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Although we do thoroughly check for viruses, The Group accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

To unsubscribe from the LDHEN list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LDHEN&A=1