Hello all

In response to the high levels of interest and enthusiasm expressed on the list around webinars in early May, we’re pleased to share details of our first ALDinHE “cyberspace” regional symposia.

Due to the range of experience and interest, we have decided to run two webinars.  Whatever your level of experience and practice, whether you want to present and/or participate, you are very welcome to sign up for both webinars (or just one).    If you would like to present, please provide details when you sign up, including a title and overview of your 10-15 minute presentation.  Remember we are interested in hearing about the good, the bad and the ugly.  Please don’t feel you can only present if you pulled off the “perfect” webinar.  One of the best lightning talks I’ve attended was by an ALDinHE member who talked passionately about their project and practice, but was willing to share what didn’t work, lessons learned, as well as what went well.

We'll be using Adobe Connect as the platform for this virtual symposium.  Joining instructions, with details about how to test audio/video connections, will be emailed to you a couple of days before the event.  If you sign up to present, we'll be in touch in advance of the symposium to organise running order and share with presenters the questions/areas of interest the participants are keen to know more about.

If you have any queries before signing up, please contact [log in to unmask]

ALDinHE webinar 1:  Getting started – Tuesday 26/6/28 – 13:00 – 15:30 (timings include comfort breaks).  If you would like to present, please sign up by Monday 18/6/18

·         Have you had a go at webinars?  Please share your experiences of how you got started with webinars and what recommendations you would make to those of us starting out.

·         Are you interested in hosting and facilitating webinars but would you like to know more from people who have had a go?  Join this webinar to share your questions and queries.

Sign up for this virtual symposium to explore getting started with webinars, including shared experiences of: platforms, pitfalls, positives, tips for beginners and more.  (Should the embedded link not work, please use: https://goo.gl/forms/obkgGGJTY9gDq9MV2)

ALDinHE webinar 2:  Enhancing webinar design and practice – Tuesday 24/7/18 – 13:30 – 15:30 (timings include comfort breaks).  If you would like to present, please sign up by Friday 13/7/18

·         Have you been hosting and/or participating in webinars for a while and would like to share your practice and/or experiences of webinars - the good, the bad and the ugly?

·         What do we need to consider in webinar design to engage learners and participants?

·         What about webinars and accessibility?

·         How do we manage webinars to increase participation in the webinar?

·         How do we avoid webinars being one-hit wonders and encourage return learners to sign up for more?

·         Do we record webinars to share with learners who didn't participate - why?

·         How might we use webinars to share/promote our practice with our colleagues and peers - within our own institutions as well as beyond?

·         Have you got an idea for a webinar that you’d like to run past a supportive and constructive community?  Take the opportunity to sign up for a “sounding board” slot.

Whether you are a seasoned webinar designer/practitioner or are just interested in learning more about webinars, sign up for this virtual symposium to explore enhancing webinar design and practice.  (Should the embedded link not work, please use: https://goo.gl/forms/L6k7WO9xAdYTWskv1)

We look forward to hearing from you.

Have a good weekend,

Sandie Donnelly & Katharine Stapleford

University of Cumbria E-mail Disclaimer
University of Cumbria is a Company Limited by Guarantee, Registered in England & Wales No. 06033238. Registered Office: University of Cumbria, Fusehill Street, Carlisle, CA1 2HH. Telephone 01228 616234.

Confidentiality: This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email and highlight the error.

Security Warning: Please note that this email has been created in the knowledge that Internet email is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when emailing us.

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

To unsubscribe from the LDHEN list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LDHEN&A=1