The Zooarchaeology Team of the University of Sheffield would like to let you know that there are still places available for History of the British Fauna: wild and domestic vertebrates short course.
The History of the British Fauna: wild and domestic vertebrates short course will run for the first time, from the 16th to the 19th of July 2018. Thematic sessions will be delivered during the first three days, while a trip to the famous Creswell Crags caves, which also includes a tour of the Ice-Age Museum to learn about our early ancestors and their animals, has been organised for the last day (optional).
The course aims to provide the participants with a basic knowledge of the development of the British fauna from the Pleistocene to Modern day. Topics such as evolution, zoogeography, domestication, introductions and extinctions will be addressed, including how humans and animals interacted through history. Mammals, birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles will be all included.
The course is directed to students, professionals and enthusiasts and does not require any previous knowledge. The teaching will be delivered through short lectures and hands-on practical activities.
Prices are as follows:
£ 200 (waged)/ £ 240 including trip to Creswell Crags
£ 140 (student/unwaged)/ £ 180 including trip to Creswell Crags

You can contact us at: [log in to unmask]
For further information please see:
https://www.shef.ac.uk/archaeology/research/zooarchaeology-lab/short-course
Follow us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/Sheffield-Zooarchaeology-Short-Course-100619023380021/?ref=hl
and on Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/ZooarchLabSheff
NB This course is not aimed at professional and/or experienced zooarchaeologists. We would be grateful if you could spread the news, as you may know of people who may be interested. Apologies for cross-posting.
Please also note that this course is not run for profit but as educational tools. If any income is generated is reused to enhance our facilities, which are fully available for the use of the general public, at no charge.

 With best wishes,
 The Sheffield Zooarchaeology Team