Hi,

The 0.5 means equal balance between false positives and false negatives. It
doesn't mean 50% false positives or 50% false negatives. In fact, in an
ideal dataset in which the separation between what is considered "signal"
and what is considered "noise" is perfect, the 0.5 would lead to 0% false
positives and 0% false negatives. Conversely, a poor separation between
these would lead to a large number of both false positives and false
negatives.

If you really want 5% false positives, you need the mean and variance of
the Gaussian that was fitted to the noise, and compute what is the z value
for that distribution that yields p=0.05.

I don't have any Melodic run right here with me to check the outputs but
this information should be there among the outputs if the mixture modelling
was applied.

All the best,

Anderson