The chair MAIS at TU Darmstadt, led by Prof. Dr. Heiko Mantel,
is offering multiple positions. We are looking for researchers
who are interested in addressing foundational problems that will
be of practical relevance or in addressing practical problems
based on solid foundations. The research focus shall be on software
security (information-flow security or side-channel analysis) using
formal methods or systematic experiments.

We are offering three positions for Ph.D. candidates and Postdocs
in the following areas:

  1. information-flow analysis techniques for object-oriented
     programs at the level of source code and bytecode based
     on compositional and precise verification techniques
  2. experimental analysis of side-channel vulnerabilities in
     cryptographic implementations and generation of attacks
     exploiting such vulnerabilities
  3. program analysis techniques for detecting side-channel
     vulnerabilities in cryptographic implementations and for
     assessing the seriousness of such vulnerabilities

The overall goal of our research at MAIS is to make software-based
systems more trustworthy (i.e. secure, safe, and correct) than they
are today. As software engineering is a complex and error-prone task,
we employ formal methods in combination with experiments for reasoning
about software and  critical system properties. We investigate software
systems on the level of source code, bytecode, and machine code as well
as on the level of more abstract system specifications. This allows us
to provide support for security at different stages of software
development. At MAIS we are offering a productive and collaborative
research environment in which you can discuss ideas with other team
members working on related topics.

The positions are available immediately and applications will be considered
until the positions are taken. These are positions with regular salary and
social benefits based on TV-TUD.  For more information and how to apply,
see http://www.mais.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/Positions.html.