Hi

I for one find the timings confusing as well.  Although awarding bodies recommend that a candidate should spend approximately 60 of the total 105 mins on the Reading section and 45 on the Writing section, surely it’s the responsibility of the candidate to allocate the time as they seem fit?

I agree that a student with 25% Extra time is allocated an extra 26 minutes.  However, I’m not sure about the 50% allocation of an extra 13 minutes.  If you go by the 60 minutes for the Reading section timing, then should it not be an extra 30 minutes?

Can anyone with vast experience and a bigger brain than mine, please provide a definitive answer – please?

Peter Hearn

Examinations Officer & Internal Verification Team Leader

Capel Manor College

Bullsmoor Lane

Enfield

EN1 4RQ