Dear Sir(s)

I tried to model a simple consolidation problem by using an elastic unsaturated model. The initial saturation is set to zero and the residual saturation was considered to be equal to unity to adopt the model to saturation mode. After the application of the load on the surface of the soil, mild ascending suction is generated in the depth that has not vanished as time lapses. Could someone tell me why instead of the pressure, suction is developed in the soil and why it is not going to change as time passes? Is compressibility of the water the problem ( or it’s ratio to the stiffness of the soil?) Is permeability coefficient effective?

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Alireza

To unsubscribe from the ENGINEERING-GEOTECH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ENGINEERING-GEOTECH&A=1