Dear All

I do apologise if you receive this note more than once.

The Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force has
published an updated version of our
<https://www.w3.org/TR/coga-gap-analysis/> roadmap and gap analysis. We
would love to hear your comments.

It is a long document and we know it can be hard to find your way around it.
(We are working on this problem and hope it will be easier in the next
version). In the meantime here are some sections of particular interest:

1.     The Appendix on
<https://www.w3.org/TR/coga-gap-analysis/#appendix-making-content-usable-for
-people-with-cognitive-and-learning-disabilities> how to make content usable
for people with learning and cognitive disabilities. This section contains
a section with practical advice and content developers may prefer to start
here. We hope it will also meet the needs of web developers, content
creators and policy makers.

2.     There is also a
<https://www.w3.org/TR/coga-gap-analysis/#summary-of-issues-and-techniques>
Summary of Issue Papers that addresses some of the issues that people with
learning and cognitive disabilities face, such as problems with logging on,
safety, voice menu systems, and many other topics. This may be useful for
anyone trying to gain more understanding of the topic.

3.     There is a section with
<https://www.w3.org/TR/coga-gap-analysis/#roadmap-tables-of-user-needs>
Tables of User Needs that identify the  different needs of the community and
proposes suggestions on how standards and technologies could be developed to
meet these needs. This may be useful for standards' groups and policy
makers.

We realise there is still a lot to do, but would appreciate your feedback
and comments as we move forward.

Please send you comments to   <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] (subscribe,
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-coga-comments/> archives).

Thank you so much

Best wishes

E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan

WAIS, ECS , University of Southampton

Mobile +44 (0)7976 289103

<https://www.outlook.soton.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=69b1RzNTDwem3wbm4pLRmuYfTL
t16YjcghtEpZBsF5Sebx78I2DUCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2faccess.ecs.soton.ac.uk%2f>
http://access.ecs.soton.ac.uk

UK AAATE rep
<https://www.outlook.soton.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=WUwOCw_4FszLSzcUbkoFdDkad8
-Q_GrRfPYUJ_ol5l2ebx78I2DUCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.aaate.net%2f>